Shop Volunteer - Gloucester
Our shop volunteers are helping us beat cancer right now.
In 2019/20, 14,000 volunteers gave 3.1 million hours of their time and sold items totalling £15million. These funds are helping us start new clinical trials and research treatments as we speak.
If you volunteer at a Cancer Research UK shop, you too could make a real difference to what we can achieve. Nothing we do would be possible without amazing volunteers like you.
You’ll also gain valuable skills to help develop your CV and experience. And you’ll volunteer alongside a wonderful team of passionate, friendly people who will support you every step of the way.
Volunteering is open to everyone and no experience is required. So, if you’re looking for a new challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
What do shop volunteers do?
Volunteering in our shops is varied, exciting and rewarding. No two days are the same and you have the chance to flex different skills regularly. There are always new opportunities to keep you engaged and help you grow and develop in your role.
While this list is not exhaustive, it gives you a flavour of some of the typical tasks in our charity shops:
- Serving customers, taking payments and providing good all-round customer service
- Sorting through donated items and pricing stock
- Working on window and shop displays
- Keeping the shop tidy, clean and well organised
- Interacting with the general public
- Following new health, safety and social distancing measure