Youth Volunteering Programme - Patient Engagement Volunteer
What are we looking for?
Do you enjoy working with others in a team? Do you want to develop new skills? Would you like to volunteer alongside NHS staff at one of London’s busiest hospitals?
We have two exciting opportunities for you to volunteer at Charing Cross Hospital or Hammersmith Hospital this Autumn as part of our Youth Volunteering Programme.
Charing Cross Hospital is on Fulham Palace Road in Hammersmith, a short walk from Hammersmith Broadway.
Hammersmith Hospital is on Du Cane Road between East Acton and White City.
Working alongside Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust for 16 to 21 year-olds.
If you can give a minimum of 2 hours a week, between September 2022 to April 2023
You need to have reached your 16th birthday by Sunday 28th August 2022, to join this intake.
What will I do?
- Spend time supporting a hospital ward with non-clinical support.
- Spend time chatting with patients and visitors
- Read with and/or play games with patients
- Sit with patients in a day room area, providing companionship
- Deliver meals, snacks and drinks to patients (does not include feeding or repositioning)
- Pop to the hospital shop on behalf of patients for newspapers and snacks
- Hand out books/magazine to patients
- Support ward staff with the friends and family test