Relay for Life Accounting Chair – Luton, Dunstable and surrounding areas
Cancer never sleeps, and neither do we”
Relay for Life is an overnight community event that celebrates cancer survivors, remembers those lost and rallies everyone to fight back so we can bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
Each Relay is a community-led, non-athletic event where teams set up camp and take it in turns to walk around a track for up to 24 hours to signify that ‘cancer never sleeps’.
We are on the lookout for a savvy numbers guru to be the next Accounting Chair for Relay for Life. This role makes an enormous difference to the success of a Relay event and to the total amount of income raised from each event. If you’re motivated, organised and familiar with accountancy systems, this role is the one for you.
What will you be doing?
- Maintaining accurate and up to date financial records including banking and acknowledging donations.
- Working closely alongside the Event Chair to ensure any expenditure by fellow committee members is reasonable. Taking a coordinated approach to ensure your Relay does not exceed its expenditure/investment allowance.
- Promoting the benefits of online giving and Gift Aid to participants via the Team Chair
- Checking in teams on the day at the registration desk.
- Arranging a secure area to count and keep money at the Relay venue. Ensuring a logical receipting and accounting process for any on the day donations.
- Announcing the top fundraisers and awarding them prizes at the end of the Relay.
- Reporting to Cancer Research UK at required times throughout the year.
The type of person we're looking for:
We are looking for a self-motivated and organised Accounting Chair who can work accurately and thoroughly using Cancer Research UK’s accountancy documents. You will have a calm and collected approach and will be comfortable and willing to recruit others to help you with counting cash. IT skills are desirable as you will be required to access details of online donations. If you already have some cash handling and accountancy experience, then fantastic!