Relay For Life Event Chair - Liverpool
Why we need you
Cancer Research UK is seeking committed individuals to take on the exciting role of leading a committee to organise an annual Relay For Life in their local community. Cancer Research UK Relay For Life is a celebration of the communities fight against cancer as the teams fundraise in the months leading up to the event.
Each Relay is an overnight, community-led, non-athletic event where teams set up camp and take it in turns to walk around a track for up to 24 hours to signify that ‘cancer never sleeps’. Everyone is invited to come along and celebrate the lives of Cancer Survivors, remember those lost to the disease and show their support of Cancer Research UK's vital work and the day itself has a carnival atmosphere.
The Relay is the highlight of the community's calendar - it's an opportunity for everyone to unite and help beat cancer. By leading a Cancer Research UK Relay For Life Committee you will help to increase cancer awareness within your community and raise significant funds for Cancer Research UK's life-saving work to find new and better cures for this disease.
What will I be doing?
- Recruiting, motivating and coordinating key volunteers to work with you on the Relay Committee in a variety of roles
- Organising and chairing committee meetings, overseeing the progress of other Committee Members
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of all key Relay 'Standards' at the event
- Acting as the Relay event spokesperson, being available for media interviews and presentations, and opening/closing ceremonies as appropriate on Relay day itself
- Planning and organising the Opening and Closing Ceremony