General Volunteer - Shine Night Walk - Bristol- 16th September 2022
On 16th September 2022, our walkers will be walking 10k to raise vital funds for Cancer Research UK – but they need you to help them achieve their challenge!
Having the amazing support and endless enthusiasm of some friendly faces truly makes Shine an unforgettable experience. Join the Shine Volunteer Team and help us to beat cancer.
What will I be doing?
You will have a positive and proactive attitude and a willingness to get stuck in taking on one of our many roles and embracing the event as it unfolds. If you simply want to be involved and are happy to help where it’s needed most, then sign up now and we’ll find the perfect role for you.
‘Lovely experience, the general feeling that I was getting was very special, the way that the participants and the volunteers were supporting each other, the opportunity to see so many people doing something without having any personal benefit’
Erisa, General Volunteer
What benefits can I expect?
- A unique and rewarding night out exploring the iconic sights of Bristol in a completely different light
- Cancer is happening right now, join in the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to life saving research being carried out as we speak.
- Experience of supporting one of the UK’s leading charities for one of their biggest annual fundraisers
- The chance to meet new people and make new friends.
- Learn some great new skills and develop your confidence to support personal and career development
What support will we give you?
We’ll be with you every step of the way sending monthly updates and exclusives in the lead up to the event. Three weeks before the event, we’ll confirm all the details with you and give you a call to make sure you’re happy and answer any questions.
At the event you’ll receive a volunteer t-shirt, snack pack and any other kit required to carry out your role. Your volunteer manager will give you a briefing and be there to offer any support throughout your time with us.