Course Route Volunteer - Shine Night Walk - Bristol- 16th September 2022
On 16th September 2022, 12,000 walkers will be walking 10km to raise over an incredible £2 million for Cancer Research UK – but they need you to help them achieve their marathon challenge!
Having the amazing support and endless enthusiasm of some friendly faces truly makes Shine an unforgettable experience. Join the Shine Volunteer Team and help us to beat cancer.
What will I be doing?
Join one of our zone teams and together with a team of fellow course and cyclist volunteers, support in a section of the marathon route for the night. As a course volunteer you’ll be instrumental in helping every walker; whether to point them in the right direction, safely navigate a crossing, or just being there when they need to hear a cheer and see a smiling face.
We need course volunteers from Friday morning all the way through until midday on Saturday so no matter what time you can give, you’ll make a real difference. All you need is bags of enthusiasm and great communication skills to encourage walkers to keep going!
‘I had a fantastic spot outside the Globe Theatre, where I could cheer on all the walkers towards the end of their route…I was proud to represent Cancer Research, to answer questions about the cause and the event and to be a happy and helpful face for the public and the walkers.’
Jane, Course Volunteer
What benefits can I expect?
- A unique and rewarding night out exploring the iconic sights of Bristol in a completely different light
- Cancer is happening right now, join in the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to life saving research being carried out as we speak
- Experience of supporting one of the UK’s leading charities for one of their biggest annual fundraisers
- The chance to meet new people and make new friends.
- Learn some great new skills and develop your confidence to support personal and career development
What support will we give you?
We’ll be with you every step of the way sending monthly updates and exclusives in the lead up to the event. Three weeks before the event, we’ll confirm all the details with you and give you a call to make sure you’re happy and answer any questions.
At the event you’ll receive a stand-out volunteer t-shirt, snack pack and any other kit required to carry out your role. Your volunteer manager will give you a briefing and be there to offer any support throughout your time with us. We will have Welfare Vehicles driven by fellow volunteers through the night to ensure you get a chance to rest and refuel no matter where you are on the course.