Event Day Volunteer - Bedford Race for Life - 2nd July 2022
400,000 participants across the UK are limbering up to join the fight against cancer, but they can’t cross the finish line without the passion and energy of Event Day volunteers like you.
Our events raise an incredible £40million each year and this funds our researchers who are working hard to make sure 3 in 4 people survive cancer by 2034.
Whether you want to help at a Race for Life 5k, 10k or Pretty Muddy event, we’ve got more than 400 across the UK to choose from.
Bring your energy, smiles and passion and let’s beat cancer together.
What kind of person we are looking for:
We’re on the lookout for individuals and groups who are
- Enthusiastic and willing to get stuck in.
- Willing to get their hands dirty (literally at our Pretty Muddy events but trust us, it’s great fun!)
- Flexible and who can use their own initiative.
- Team players – you’ll be joining a lovely bunch of other volunteers!
- Good communicators.
At Cancer Research UK we value diversity. We're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse volunteer community will help us to beat cancer.
What you'll be doing
As an event day volunteer, you'll be getting hands-on to help deliver some of our great events and provide a fantastic experience. No two events are the same, but you could find yourself doing some of the below activities, all of which play an important part*:
- Helping set-up and pack down the event - This might include the course, signage, banners and marquees and getting water to the finish line.
- Support on the course - You could be located at one of our marshal points, cheering and encouraging our participants to keep them going along the course, or at the finish point handing out the well-deserved bottle of water and medal. Perhaps you'll help take some photos for the CRUK social media pages too!
- Answering queries at our information points - You'll help answer queries from participants and spectators during the event. From simple directions to processing on-the-day entries, swapping t-shirts and replacing runner numbers.