Be a side-line superstar at London to Brighton Bike Ride 2022! (Volunteer Role - Brighton)
Alzheimer’s Research UK is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join our awesome Cheer Squad at the London to Brighton Bike Ride on Sunday 19 June 2022.
The London to Brighton Bike Ride is a 54-mile challenge which takes 15,000 cyclists from city to coast. The ride sets off from Clapham Common, London and finishes on the Brighton Beachfront. For the best view of the race, join our Cheer Squad stationed at Brighton Marina, Brighton.
We need you, your family and friends to whoop and cheer as loud as you can to give our #TeamARUK cyclists a vital boost as they go past, encouraging them to keep going and helping them achieve their goal. We’ll provide you with all the materials you require including tambourines, whistles and orange accessories to make you stand out in the crowd!
Your support will make a massive difference to our cyclists and encourage them to reach their targets. In 2021 our Cheer Squads supported participants in sporting events across the UK raising upwards of £1.3 million! Your help will be a key contributor to raising vital funds for dementia research.
Why get involved?
In return, as one of Alzheimer’s Research UK’s Cheer squad volunteers you’ll benefit from:
- Gaining a new volunteering experience and meeting an enthusiastic team of people.
- Getting an insight into the charity sector and how sporting events are managed.
- Support from a dedicated member of staff who will provide advanced briefing and a cheer team leader who will be on hand to support you throughout your volunteering on the day.
- All cheer squad materials will be provided including a free Alzheimer’s Research UK orange T-Shirt.
- Reimbursement of reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
About Alzheimer’s Research UK
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity. We are dedicated to making breakthroughs in diagnosis, prevention, treatment, and cure.
Dementia is caused by physical diseases, and diseases can be cured.
Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we fund and deliver pioneering research. We challenge the way people think about dementia and bring together the people and organisations who can speed up progress.
We believe that medical research can and will deliver life-changing preventions, treatments and one day, a cure for dementia. Alzheimer’s Research UK exists to make this happen.
With your support, we’ll make breakthroughs possible.
What are we looking for?
- A passion for supporting and motivating our #TeamARUK cyclists!
- Commitment to be bold, loud and extremely orange!
- 7:30am – 4:30pm approx., timings to be confirmed (we appreciate whatever time you can spare, whether you can join us for the whole day or just an hour or two!)
- We’ll provide you with an event brief with the exact cheer point location details and corresponding timings.
- Plan your journey to the cheer station in advance.
- You’ll be outdoors and standing for the duration of your volunteering so wear comfortable, weather appropriate clothing and footwear.
Please follow the link below to fill in a simple online registration form and a member of our team will be in touch:
Alternatively, if you have any enquiries about the role please contact the volunteering team on 0300 111 5 333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org