Branch Team Leader Volunteer - East Devon Branch
2 days left
- Long Term
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity and our vision is a world where every cat is treated with kindness and an understanding of its needs. Cats are at the centre of everything we do and our objectives are: homing, neutering and educating people about cats and their care. We help thousands of cats across the UK each year thanks to our network of dedicated volunteers, staff and supporters.
A bit about this role
At Cats Protection we help thousands of cats and kittens each year thanks to our dedicated and passionate volunteer groups. We have over 250 branches across the UK, all of which help our feline friends in different ways. Branches take in stray and abandoned cats and ensure they receive the veterinary care and attention they deserve, help raise funds, promote neutering and help spread cat welfare messages. Our branch team leader volunteers lead their local team by supporting and managing volunteers within their group, maintaining communications with both volunteers and staff, and helping promote a positive and professional image of Cats Protection.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Supporting your team of volunteers in all aspects of their roles, making sure volunteers are happy and confident
- Making sure the team observes charity best practice and compliance
- Collaborating with your Branch Development Manager (BDM) to plan volunteer activity
- Leading the team to follow Cats Protection policies, procedures and guidelines
- Monitoring expenditure and helping ensure long term financial stability of the volunteer group
- Organising and chairing team meetings
- Acting as an ambassador for Cats Protection
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by supporting other volunteers in their roles. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and people management skills
- Experience of promoting a positive team environment
- Confidence and experience of ensuring policies, procedures and processes are met
- Excellent communication skills with individuals and groups at all levels
- Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and delegate
- Ability to think and plan ahead
- Patience and diplomacy
- Basic IT skills to use Cats Protection systems - training and support can be provided
- Committee volunteers need to be aged 18+
Our branch team leader volunteers usually spend 10 to 15 hours per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed. There will be times of year when more hours are required, such as towards the end of the financial year, but support and guidance are always available.
Support, guidance and keeping you safe
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. We provide support and guidance from our National Cat Centre and through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We offer engaging online and face-to-face training, expenses and have policies and processes to help volunteers get the most out of their time with us.
The wellbeing of our people is important and at Cats Protection we are committed to safeguarding children, adults at risk and all those that we come into contact with as part of our activities.
Thank you for joining us and sharing in this commitment and for everything you will do during your time with Cats Protection.