Fundraising Group Member – East Kilbride
Do you have a passion for planning and a talent for team building? Are you willing to try new avenues, when others play it safe? If you’re someone who can rally a team together to organise events, work with a team to deliver fundraising activities and want to strive to raise £10,000 or more in your local area, then we need you!
Our fundraising groups provide a vital source of income in the fight against cancer, each year raising over £10 million to fund our pioneering research.
Volunteers are at the heart of our communities and we’re looking for people of all ages and from all backgrounds to join our fundraising group. There’s a role for everyone, so come and join the fun!
What will you be doing?
- Identifying new ideas and opportunities to maximise local fundraising efforts
- Helping to plan and coordinate group fundraising activities
- Promoting fundraising events and initiatives in the local community
- Attending group meetings
- Representing Cancer Research UK and your group in the local community
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and activities from Cancer Research UK and where possible helping to support and promote other Cancer Research UK events in the area.
The type of person we are looking for
You will be enthusiastic and motivated, with local knowledge of your community and a passion for the work of Cancer Research UK. You will work alongside the rest of the fundraising group to generate new ideas, build and maintain effective relationships and support the delivery of fundraising events.
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Relationship Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- The opportunity to visit one of our research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be involved in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events
- Development and support of new and existing skills
Where will this role be based?
The committee will meet in East Kilbride with the majority of fundraising activities happening within East Kilbride and the local surrounding area.
There will be a need to carry out some planning and preparation from your home.How much time do you need to commit?
As this is a flexible volunteering opportunity this is something to discuss with your Relationship Manager and we will help you find the best way to help beat cancer sooner.Interested…?
Register your interest today and Gillian, your Relationship Manager will contact you to tell you more about East Kilbride Fundraising Group and find out more about your skills, experience and motivations.
At CRUK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We will consider making any reasonable adjustments to support volunteer applications from people with a disability or health condition. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that volunteers from diverse backgrounds will help us to beat cancer.