Relay For Life Arbroath Committee Member
- Short Term
Thanks to the generosity of our volunteers and supporters, Cancer Research UK funds over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses across the UK. In 2019/20 Cancer Research UK spent over £42 million on life saving research taking place in Scotland.
If you’re looking to get involved with something different and make a difference, then Relay For Life Arbroath could be for you.What will I be doing?
- Identifying new ideas and opportunities to maximise local fundraising efforts
- Attending committee meetings
- Promoting events in the local community
- Representing Cancer Research UK and your group in the local community
- Taking responsibility for an agreed role within the committee
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and activities from Cancer Research UK
Are you a team player with good communication skills, well networked with local knowledge of your community? Do you love to socialise and meet people from all different backgrounds? We’re looking for organised, self-motivated people who have a genuine passion and enthusiasm for fundraising and the work of Cancer Research UK.What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow committee members.
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- The opportunity to visit one of our research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
At Cancer Research UK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We will consider making any reasonable adjustments to support volunteer applications from people with a disability or health condition. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that volunteers from diverse backgrounds will help us to beat cancer.What benefits can you get from this role?
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be involved in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events
- Development and support of new and existing skills.