Youth Engagement Officer
We are Citizens of Cyber, our mission is to bring together cyber-specialists and connect individuals and professional bodies, to support and assist in cyber-education and the development of safer online practices, aimed at people of all ages and knowledge levels.
We wish to use our professional network to keep up to date with the activities of hackers and online scammers and produce resources for use by schools, groups, and individuals, whether online, offline, or through face-to-face sessions.
We want cyber-users to know how to protect themselves and others online, whilst being confident and making the best of their online interactions, and still remain within the confines of the law while doing so. In addition, we aim to ensure that support is available for anyone affected by negative interactions online and to help anyone who finds themselves in cyber-related difficulties.
Our volunteers are at the heart of what we do and it is important for us to ensure we provide the best working environment possible. Volunteers work remotely during hours they set, our team focuses on ensuring clear deliverables are identified and agreed to allow volunteers to manage their own time. Meetings with the whole team will be held regularly to make sure everyone knows each other and work together.
Duties and Responsibilities would be, and not restricted to:
- Responsible for supporting the engagement and involvement of a diverse group of young people across UK Youth networks and all of our wider work;
- Plan, and assist in, project management and deliver exciting new projects for young people’s cyber awareness;
- Assist in the creation of a Citizens of Cyber Youth Panel;
- Work with and for young people to support them in getting involved in Citizens of Cyber youth development plans;
- Engage and support young people with diverse needs;
- Build relationships with a range of stakeholders across the children and young people’s workforce and beyond;
- Facilitate opportunities and events for young people to build their cyber awareness skills and provide the facilities to create an open forum to feedback into the development of Citizens of Cyber;
- Train and support a range of stakeholders to develop sustainable and meaningful engagement activities for children and young people; and
- Report back to the CEO and Board on a regular basis.