We are Citizens of Cyber, our mission is to bring together cyber-specialists and connect individuals and professional bodies, to support and assist in cyber-education and the development of safer online practices, aimed at people of all ages and knowledge levels.
We wish to use our professional network to keep up to date with the activities of hackers and online scammers and produce resources for use by schools, groups, and individuals, whether online, offline, or through face-to-face sessions.
We want cyber-users to know how to protect themselves and others online, whilst being confident and making the best of their online interactions, and still remain within the confines of the law while doing so. In addition, we aim to ensure that support is available for anyone affected by negative interactions online and to help anyone who finds themselves in cyber-related difficulties.
Our volunteers are at the heart of what we do and it is important for us to ensure we provide the best working environment possible. Volunteers work remotely during hours they set, our team focuses on ensuring clear deliverables are identified and agreed to allow volunteers to manage their own time. Meetings with the whole team will be held regularly to make sure everyone knows each other and work together.
Duties and Responsibilities would be, and not restricted to:
- Create and/or amend online and offline Citizens of Cyber resources;
- Contribute to online course development;
- Co-ordinate the review and development of resources, guidelines and materials;
- Participate in various team projects and panels;
- Record and report on outcomes of courses with enhanced learning content;
- Prepare content for distributions across channels (i.e., website, social media, physical leaflets/materials). The resources might include social media visuals, brochures, banners, posters, leaflets, presentations, infographics and other assets; • Study design briefs and determine requirements;
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas;
- Amend content after feedback;
- Collaborate with the Marketing Officer, Social Media Officer, Designer, Web Master and other involved parties for the best possible outcome; and
- Work closely with Marketing Officer and Social Media Officer to improve content.