Social Media Officer
We are Citizens of Cyber, our mission is to bring together cyber-specialists and connect individuals and professional bodies, to support and assist in cyber-education and the development of safer online practices, aimed at people of all ages and knowledge levels.
We wish to use our professional network to keep up to date with the activities of hackers and online scammers and produce resources for use by schools, groups, and individuals, whether online, offline, or through face-to-face sessions.
We want cyber-users to know how to protect themselves and others online, whilst being confident and making the best of their online interactions, and still remain within the confines of the law while doing so. In addition, we aim to ensure that support is available for anyone affected by negative interactions online and to help anyone who finds themselves in cyber-related difficulties.
Our volunteers are at the heart of what we do and it is important for us to ensure we provide the best working environment possible. Volunteers work remotely during hours they set, our team focuses on ensuring clear deliverables are identified and agreed to allow volunteers to manage their own time. Meetings with the whole team will be held regularly to make sure everyone knows each other and work together.
Duties and Responsibilities would be, and not restricted to:
- Oversee the development and delivery of the social media content marketing plan and strategy;
- Take ownership, manage and create a presence of Citizens of Cyber on social media platforms;
- Coordinate and communicate a content plan;
- Publish / repurpose content across approved central social media brand outposts (e.g., copy/articles, photography, video, etc.);
- Ensure brand compliance;
- Monitor and regularly update social media platforms;
- Collaborate with Designer, Marketing Officer, Web Master and other parties to reach the best possible outcome;
- Use social media to gain feedback to help identify, grow and improve the service of Citizens of Cyber;
- Be part of the bringing together of all the brand elements (messaging, insights from marketing team and audiences, content from other teams);
- Communicate with wider audience and assist Citizens of Cyber navigating and understanding needs of clients.