We are Citizens of Cyber, our mission is to bring together cyber-specialists and connect individuals and professional bodies, to support and assist in cyber-education and the development of safer online practices, aimed at people of all ages and knowledge levels.
We wish to use our professional network to keep up to date with the activities of hackers and online scammers and produce resources for use by schools, groups, and individuals, whether online, offline, or through face-to-face sessions.
We want cyber-users to know how to protect themselves and others online, whilst being confident and making the best of their online interactions, and still remain within the confines of the law while doing so. In addition, we aim to ensure that support is available for anyone affected by negative interactions online and to help anyone who finds themselves in cyber-related difficulties.
Our volunteers are at the heart of what we do and it is important for us to ensure we provide the best working environment possible. Volunteers work remotely during hours they set, our team focuses on ensuring clear deliverables are identified and agreed to allow volunteers to manage their own time. Meetings with the whole team will be held regularly to make sure everyone knows each other and work together.
Duties and Responsibilities would be, and not restricted to:
- Create and/or amend aesthetically pleasing visuals for Citizens of Cyber resources;
- Align proposals from typesetting through to design, print and production, ensuring brand continuity throughout;
- Prepare graphics for distributions across channels (i.e., website, social media, physical leaflets/materials). The resources might include social media visuals, brochures, banners, posters, leaflets, presentations, images rendering/editing, infographics and other visual assets;
- Study design briefs and determine requirements;
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements;
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas;
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand;
- Use the appropriate colours and layouts for each graphic;
- Amend designs after feedback;
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand;
- Collaborate with the Marketing Officer, Social Media Officer, Web Master and other involved parties for the best possible outcome; and
- Work closely with Marketing Officer and Social Media Officer to improve aesthetics;