Fundraising Group Member, Dartford Kent
Our fundraising groups provide a vital source of income in the fight against cancer, each year raising over £10 million to fund our pioneering research.
Volunteers are at the heart of our communities and we’re looking for people of all ages and from all backgrounds to join one of our fundraising groups or start one of their own. There’s a role for everyone, so come and join the fun!
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.What will I be doing?
Below are a few examples of how you could use your skills to get involved
- Planning and coordinating fundraising activities as a team
- Thinking creatively to identify new ideas and opportunities
- Leading the fundraising group as Chairperson and acting as the ‘go to’ contact
- Attending events in your area as the local face of Cancer Research UK
- Communicating and relationship building with people in your community
- Keeping accurate and up to date records in an accountancy role
- Administration to help us in a secretarial or event organisation role
- Using your local knowledge to help promote fundraising events in your area
- Encouraging others to support Cancer Research UK
Are you a team player with good communication skills, well networked with a local knowledge of your community? Do you love to socialise and meet people from all different backgrounds? We’re looking for organised, self motivated people who have the ability to delegate and a genuine passion and enthusiasm for fundraising and the work of Cancer Research UK.What support will we give you?
An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as your fellow group members.
Advice and guidance on how to access information and resources.
We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses. Advice on how to set up and promote a fundraising event. The opportunity to develop new and existing skills and a chance to meet new peopleWhat benefits can I expect?
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be involved in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events
- Development and support of new and existing skills
This a home based role but you will be expected to attend fundraising group meeting/events in Dartford (usually no more than monthly). Part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. attending collections, booking venues, sourcing prizes, promoting your event.
At Cancer Research UK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that volunteers from diverse backgrounds will help us to beat cancer.