Relay For Life Peterhead Committee Member
Thanks to the generosity of our volunteers and supporters, Cancer Research UK funds over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses across the UK. In 2019/20 Cancer Research UK spent over £42 million on life saving research taking place in Scotland.
If you’re looking to get involved with something different and make a difference then Relay For Life Peterhead could be for you.
What will I be doing?
- Identifying new ideas and opportunities to maximise local fundraising efforts
- Attending committee meetings
- Promoting events in the local community
- Representing Cancer Research UK and your group in the local community
- Taking responsibility for an agreed role within the committee
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and activities from Cancer Research UK
You will need to attend monthly committee meetings, support with fundraisers and with the setting up of the annual Relay event.The type of person we are looking for.
Are you a team player with good communication skills, well networked with a local knowledge of your community? Do you love to socialise and meet people from all different backgrounds? We’re looking for organised, self motivated people who have a genuine passion and enthusiasm for fundraising and the work of Cancer Research UK.
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow committee members.
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- The opportunity to visit one of our research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be involved in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events
- Development and support of new and existing skills
Please email this completed form to the Communities Team at email@example.com who will upload this role onto the website and explain the next steps.
At Cancer Research UK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that volunteers from diverse backgrounds will help us to beat cancer.