Citizen's Advice Gosport (CAG) is seeking additional trustees to join the board.
We are a charity that supports residents of Gosport by providing free, confidential, and impartial advice through a team of paid and highly trained volunteer staff. On average we help over 3,700 people each year and last year obtained £3.1m on behalf of clients. The trustee board, working with the Chief Officer, sets strategy, develops the Business Plan, monitors performance, and supports the Chief Officer.
We are looking to recruit additional trustees with experience of managing, whether a business, charity or people. We are also looking for people with experience of public relations, information technology, marketing and grant applications.
The trustee board meets quarterly in the early evening and most trustees participate in one of the sub committees covering Human Resources, Business Development & Support and Finance and Performance as well as ad hoc activities.
Equity, diversity and inclusion are core to everything we do and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds.
● Understand and accept the responsibilities and liabilities as trustees
● Be non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
● Have good listening, verbal and written communication skills
● Be able to exercise good independent judgment
● Have good numeracy skills to understand accounts with the support of the treasurer
● Be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
● Be willing to undertake training in your role