Cat Fosterer - Halifax & Huddersfield Branch
How you can make a difference
Every stray, abandoned or injured cat deserves a second chance of a happy and healthy life. While a new owner and home environment are carefully selected, it is really important that the cat is given hands on care and treated kindly in the meantime!
How can I make a difference? Become a cat fosterer for Cats Protection. As a fosterer you will be directly helping cats and kittens in need, giving them hands on care and working with others to rehome them, ultimately, providing them with a second chance of a happy and healthy life.
‘As a Fosterer I derive a great deal of pleasure in knowing that what I do makes a huge difference to the present and future welfare of the cats and kittens that come into my care, and seeing them go to lovely new homes is one of the greatest rewards of all.’ - Mary Wood, Cheltenham Branch.
We welcome applications from all age groups and all areas of the community and are keen to diversify our volunteering workforce.
Who are we looking for?
- Are you passionate about feline welfare and have an understanding of cat care and hygiene?
- Do you have a suitable spare room to house a cat?
- Are you comfortable working and communicating with others?
- Are you level headed and patient?
- Are you observant and practical?
Time this role requires:
Time commitment will vary depending on the number of cats in your care, many of our fosterers enjoy spending up to 1-2 hours per day as part of this role, even though essential cat care routines usually require less than 1 hour per day.
How will you benefit?
- A positive volunteering experience with day to day support, guidance and direction.
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills.
- The opportunity to meet new people and work as part of a dedicated, supportive team for the UK’s leading feline welfare charity.