Candlelighters Ebay Volunteer
Candlelighters Ebay Volunteer Role Profile
Team: Fundraising Team
Location: Woodhouse Square, Leeds, LS3 1AD
Time commitment: 1 day a week
Each year, over 150 children in Yorkshire are diagnosed with cancer. When a child is diagnosed, lives are turned upside down instantly: not just for the child but the entire family. Getting well again can be a long and challenging journey, emotionally, physically, and financially. Supporting children and families throughout that journey is why our charity, Candlelighters, was formed more than 45 years ago. Our mission is to bring light to every family affected by childhood cancer across Yorkshire by providing emotional, practical and financial support, as well as bringing hope, by investing in vital research to improve the outcomes and lives of children with cancer.
Purpose of the Role and Key Activities
Candlelighters needs to fundraise £2.2m every year to be able to provide services to children and families affected by childhood cancer. One of our new income streams will be selling items on eBay.
Ebay Volunteers will help to set up and run our Ebay shop. Activities will include:
- Helping to set up and establish our eBay shop
- Organising, recording and monitoring stock
- Selecting good quality items to sell
- Taking good quality photos
- Writing effective item descriptions
- Uploading content and listing details to eBay
- Responding to queries from customers and supporters
- Monitoring payment
- Packaging and preparing items for dispatch
- Maintaining records on our database
- Monitoring and recording stock
- Liaising with supporters via telephone, e-mail and in person
- Arranging deliveries and collections or franking and posting parcels
- Following Candlelighters policies and procedures
- Any other tasks or activities as required by the Fundraising Team.
We are looking for volunteers who:
- Have experience of eBay selling (professional selling is desirable but not essential)
- Have excellent written skills
- Are knowledgeable of marketing and social media
- Have excellent communication skills and experience of dealing with people (in a professional capacity) through all forms of communication including email, telephone and face to face (customer service experience is desirable but not essential)
- Have the ability to work quickly and accurately
- Are well organised, with excellent attention to detail
- Can keep accurate records
- Can work independently, use own initiative and plan own workload
- Are physically able to carry stock and parcels up and down three flights of stairs
- Are able to follow Candlelighters Policies and Procedures.
Support and Benefits
You will receive:
- General induction training
- Role specific training and induction
- Support from the Fundraising Assistant
- Support from the Volunteering Manager
- The chance to develop new and existing skills
- The opportunity to meet new people
- Reasonable travel expenses reimbursed.
How to Apply
Further details and an application form can be found on our website:
Alternatively, to request an application form, or for any queries, please contact the Volunteering Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0113 887 8333
Successful applicants will be invited to attend an interview.
This role is subject to an enhanced criminal record check, which is processed through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).