General Volunteer - 2022 Blenheim Palace Triathlon Sunday Sprint - 29th May 2022
Why we need you:
We rely on every mile, every pound and every volunteer to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
Volunteer at this event and help us save lives. For just a few hours of your time, you’ll be helping us to raise vital money for our pioneering, life-saving research.
Together we will beat cancer sooner.
What skills do I need?
We are looking for volunteers who are:
- Organised: there might be a few different tasks we need your help with on the day
- Confident: we need you to be comfortable and happy with approaching members of the public
- Approachable: you’ll be the face of Cancer Research UK on the day
- Enthusiastic: helping to spread the word about Cancer Research UK
What will I be doing?
There are a whole host of things we’ll need your help with on the day – including:
- Bucket collections
- Collecting unwanted clothes from runners for our shops
- Giving timing information to runners and answering questions, which will all be detailed in the programme and your brief
A day to spare – you’ll be needed from around 7.30am on the day, and finished by 11am. However, this is flexible and any time you can spare will make a big difference.
What support will we give you?
- A full briefing before the event and on arrival at the event. Details of the briefing location will be given in due course.
- A dedicated CRUK contact so you have someone to speak to and ask questions from the moment you sign up until after the event.
What benefits can I expect?
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- A unique insight into the world of events and the charity sector
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
Where will I be based?
You’ll be right in the heart of it, based near the start line.