Publicity Team Leader Volunteer - Cheltenham and Tewkesbury Branch
A bit about this role
Our publicity team leaders have the important role of supporting a wider team of publicity volunteers. As a team our publicity volunteers collectively keep members of the public informed of the vital and varied ways we help our feline friends in need. Raising awareness is crucial to us being able to help the thousands of cats and kittens each year that rely on us. A higher profile can help raise funds, raise awareness of adopting a cat, promote neutering and encourage as many people as possible to learn about feline welfare.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Communicating with others including newsletter, social networking and website volunteers
- Advising others on the content of newsletters and web posts
- Interacting with others to make sure information is positive, accurate and consistent
- Liaising with your volunteer group and our National Cat Centre to organise media campaigns
- Responding to local media requests if required
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by supporting other publicity volunteers in their roles and raising awareness of Cats Protection. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to be a part of a team
- The ability to prioritise and delegate
- Good IT skills
- Editorial skills and experience in PR and marketing (would be an advantage)
Our publicity team leaders usually spend 3 to 4 hours per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.