Collection Box Fundraiser - Gloucester & Cirencester Branch
‘“I volunteer as a fundraiser for Cats' Protection Bridgend Adoption Centre, because I see the wonderful work they do there looking after the cats. They know all their names, their backgrounds and exactly what type of home they need, e.g. no children, no dogs, indoor home, etc. I feel so proud to be part of that wonderful place.” Sue John, Friends of Bridgend Adoption Centre Group.
How you will make a difference to cats and people:
Cats in our care rely on generous donations from people who love cats and count on volunteers like you to make those donations happen. Working alongside a team of friendly, enthusiastic volunteers, you will play a key part in raising money and awareness through local fundraising activities.
Making a difference to cats can mean raising as little as 18p a day (enough to feed one cat in our care for a day) to a pocket bulging £150 a week (the average cost for a cat in our care) however much you raise you can make a real difference!
How volunteering for Cats Protection can make a big difference to you:
- You will get a lot of personal satisfaction and enjoyment from your volunteering role
- You will have the opportunity to make a real difference to cats and kittens across the UK
- You will be able to develop new skills, expand your knowledge and use your existing expertise
- You will meet new people, make new friendships and work as part of a dedicated team
- You will become a key member of the team in the UK’s leading feline welfare charity
What the role involves:
- Placing and collecting collection boxes in local businesses
- Recording donations and thanking local businesses and supporters
- Researching your local area for collection box ‘hot spots’
- You will have the opportunity to get your thinking cap on and share fundraising ideas with other volunteers and put those ideas into action
- As well as placing collection boxes, we encourage you to share your passion for cat welfare and promote our work