As a Fundraiser you will assist the local fundraising team in promoting and taking part in a variety of activities to raise money for Guide Dogs. Activities include street collections, helping on stalls at local events, distributing collection boxes and hosting tea parties. You must be over 18 to apply.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working as part of a group of like-minded people planning events and raising money.
- Helping on stalls at local events.
- Taking Collection Boxes to local businesses.
- Street collections on special days.
- Attending local events organised by the team and keeping track of what we sell on our stalls (including the cuddly toys!).
- Counting donations.
- Attending group meetings.
Ideally you will:
- Be a people person.
- Have good communication skills.
- Enjoy spending time with others.
- Have a passion for spreading awareness.
If you don’t feel you tick every box but are keen to get involved, please contact us for a chat. We are open to suggestions where possible or may be able to suggest an alternative position.
- A chance to chat with members of the public about Guide Dogs and the great work we do.
- A sense of satisfaction taking part in events and collections.
- Providing support to Guide Dogs to enable us to provide guide dogs and other mobility services that increase the independence and dignity of people with sight loss.
- An opportunity to build experience for your CV.
- To be part of a local group, meet new people and make new friends.
Training and Support:
At Guide Dogs we recently achieved the Investing in Volunteers certification which means we take volunteering seriously and offer a great level of support and invest in our volunteer’s success. You will have a dedicated volunteer manager/key contact who will help you settle in and support you during your time with us.
There is 1 hour of mandatory training for this role.
If you have questions about the training requirements, we can answer these at your interview along with any other support or accessibility needs you may have.
- You can apply for this volunteer role directly via the Guide Dogs website.
- The application form should take around 10 minutes
- You will need details of two suitable referees:
- who have known you for 2 years or more,
- are not related to you,
- do not live at the same address as you.
Once complete, a member of the team will be in touch to discuss your application with you and your suitability for the role.
If you would like to get a bit more information before applying please email firstname.lastname@example.org.