Volunteer Activity Leaders
GFS is looking for volunteers for our GFS Girls Groups.
We have groups in Newport, Swansea, Llanelli, Sunderland, Carlisle, Liverpool, Durham, Birmingham, Pilling, Worksop and Gloucester.
We are looking for women who are passionate about female empowerment and sharing their skills, knowledge and experience. GFS offers a space for girls to develop their confidence, try new things, make friends and have fun – all while being free to be themselves.
GFS runs groups where girls feel safe and valued so that they can build strong foundations that will prepare them for all of life’s challenges. GFS volunteers are women who want to deliver fun and inspiring sessions to girls and young women so they can be unstoppable!
GFS Activity Leaders are people who want help deliver fun and inspiring sessions to girls and young women, with the opportunity to lead on certain tasks.
What you will be doing:
- Engaging with and listening to girls and young women weekly, to make them feel supported, valued and inspired to try new things.
- Treating every girl with respect and kindness, helping her to feel proud of who she is.
- Helping run activities for the girls, organising any materials needed for the sessions and helping with set up, tidy up and refreshments
- Supporting and contributing to termly planning team meetings to create a programme of activities alongside the Group Leader/Coordinator. We’ll also provide support through themed session plans and step-by-step activity guides on the GFS website.
- Leading on activities as agreed with the volunteer team
- Sharing ideas and feedback given by the girls to the Group Leader/Coordinator to help create a truly girl-led termly programme.
- Creating great relationships with girls’ parents and share any issues or feedback that they raise, with your Group Leader/Coordinator.
- Helping with First Aid or Food Hygiene in the group as needed
- Posting photos of activities on the group’s facebook page
- Keeping girls safe by informing your GFS Staff contact about any issues or concerns for girls’ wellbeing and report safeguarding concerns that you, or any other volunteers, have as soon as possible.
- Taking the online register and collecting subs from the girls.
- Recording and monitoring income and expenses you incur in relation to the group.
- Treating every girl, parent, volunteer and task within the GFS values of being girl-focused, brave, feminist, ambitious, inclusive and fun.
- Understanding GFS policy and procedures and follow them, especially safeguarding
What makes an Activity Leader?
- Happy to be a supportive member of the volunteer team, helping out wherever needed and communicating with the Group Leader/Coordinator and fellow volunteers about availability
- A passion for building the confidence of girls and young women through fun and inspiring activities
- Ideas for activities to run with girls or a willingness to learn about how to plan and run activities
- Willing to take a training course in First Aid or Food Hygiene
- Help to report and safeguarding or wellbeing concerns to GFS staff as soon as possible
- Able to work with and within diverse communities