Cambridge Half Marathon 2022 – Volunteer to cheer on our runners!
About the opportunity
Alzheimer’s Research UK is proud to be the headline charity partner for the TTP Cambridge Half Marathon 2022. We are looking for enthusiastic people to join our awesome Cheer Squad in the city we call home.
The Cambridge Half Marathon takes runners around the iconic landmarks of the historic city. For the best view, join our cheer squad on Trumpington Street to give our runners a vital boost as they go past, encouraging them to keep going and helping them achieve their goal!
We’ll provide you with all the materials you require including banners, balloons, whistles and cheering sticks to make you stand out in the crowd!
Your support will make a massive difference to our runners and encourage them to reach their targets. In 2021 our Cheer Squads supported runners in events across the UK raising upwards of £1.3 million! Your help will be a key contributor to raising vital funds for dementia research.
Why get involved?
In return, as one of Alzheimer’s Research UK’s Cheer squad volunteers you’ll benefit from:
• Gaining a new volunteering experience and meeting an enthusiastic team of people.
• Soaking up the unbeatable atmosphere of an iconic event set in spectacular surroundings.
• Getting an insight into the charity sector and how sporting events are managed.
• Support from a dedicated member of staff who will provide advanced briefing and a cheer team leader who will be on hand to support you throughout your volunteering on the day.
• All cheer squad materials will be provided including a free Alzheimer’s Research UK orange T-Shirt.
• Reimbursement of reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
About Alzheimer’s Research UK
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity. We are dedicated to making breakthroughs in diagnosis, prevention, treatment, and cure.
Dementia is caused by physical diseases, and diseases can be cured.
Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we fund and deliver pioneering research. We challenge the way people think about dementia and bring together the people and organisations who can speed up progress.
We believe that medical research can and will deliver life-changing preventions, treatments and one day, a cure for dementia. Alzheimer’s Research UK exists to make this happen.
With your support, we’ll make breakthroughs possible.
What are we looking for?
• A passion for supporting and motivating our #TeamARUK runners!
• Commitment to be bold, loud and extremely orange!
• 9:00am – 3:00pm approx. Time commitments will vary depending on where you are on the course you are stationed (we appreciate whatever time you can spare, whether you can join us for the whole slot or just an hour or two!)
• We’ll provide you with an event brief with the exact cheer point location details and corresponding timings.
• Plan your journey to the cheer station in advance.
• You’ll be outdoors and standing for the duration of your volunteering so wear comfortable, weather appropriate clothing and footwear.
Please follow the link below to fill in a simple online registration form and a member of our team will be in touch:
Alternatively, if you have any enquiries about the role please contact the volunteering team on 0300 111 5 333 or email email@example.com