Fundraise with your local school - Cancer Research UK - Luton
Let's make a difference together
Get involved in your local community and help schools support Cancer Research UK by holding their own Race for Life.
Inspire the next generation of supporters, showing them how fun fundraising can be and the huge impact it has supporting research that will help beat cancer.
Inspire young people
Race for Life Schools is an amazing opportunity for children and staff to hold their own Race for Life event. With over 32,000 schools in the UK, schools can have a huge impact on the pioneering and vital work carried out by Cancer Research UK.
Children are our future researchers, fundraisers and life-savers. Help them race towards a brighter future!
What you'll be doing
Do you know a school near you that would love to support Cancer Research UK?
With help from your local relationship manager, you’ll be supporting schools in your local area to:
- Plan and coordinate their very own Race for Life - letting them know how amazing it can be!
- Create a presentation or assembly to tell the children about Cancer Research UK and the impact of our fundraising.
- Order their fundraising materials and discuss tips and ideas so they can run a brilliant event!
The race is on!
Be there on the day to support your local school and get involved with a smile on your face!
There are plenty of other opportunities to fundraise such as organising a bake sale or dunking a favourite pupils teacher, which is a great way to show the next generation how fun raising money can be!
Be ready to cheer on participants and celebrate with them at the finish line by handing out those all-important medals.
Once the event has ended you will want to plan a date to come back and set up a celebratory assembly sharing the amount raised from the school, this is a perfect setting to make future plans for more events!
What you'll get from us
- We want you to feel comfortable and confident in this role, so you'll have the support of a local relationship manager at every step. Once all your recruitment checks have been completed, they'll arrange an initial call with you and will be there to chat through any questions you have.
- You'll be given a free event kit that you can issue to schools so they have everything they need to plan a successful Race for Life event.
Who we are looking for
- We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic about Cancer Research UK and can inspire schools to take part in a great fundraising activity.
- You’ll need to be confident and committed to working closely with each school throughout the school year. You’ll need to be proactive and not afraid to contact schools.
- You’ll need to be approachable, flexible and able to attend occasional calls, meetings or events with school staff within school hours (usually in the mornings, around 8:30am).
- As you’ll be an ambassador for our charity, we’re looking for someone with high standards of integrity and who understands the potential safeguarding concerns involved with contacting educational establishments.
- Previous experience working with, or at, schools, colleges, youth groups or universities is desirable but not compulsory.
How do I sign up?
- So you’re interested? Great! First, you’ll need to complete the application form by clicking Get Involved.
- The Volunteering Team will then be in touch to ask you a few questions.
- We’ll ask you to provide details of two references, ID and proof of address.
- We’ll then check your references and request a DBS check.
- If the checks come back clear, your relationship manager will get in touch to discuss starting in the role!
Your health & safety is our priority!
Over the last year, it has been hard on all of us, Cancer didn't stop and neither did we! We are aware that Covid-19 is still prevalent across the UK, your Relationship Manager will know more about the impact in your area and can discuss this with you once you are in the role.
We want to ensure that all our supporters stay safe while fundraising so have provided some guidance below:
- When planning your event ensure that you follow the current COVID-19 restrictions for your area and social distancing guidelines
- Check out the latest Government guidance on social distancing(link is external)(link is external), as well as any rules determined by the Governments of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland where applicable for updates
- Do not host an event if you or a member of your household have any symptoms of COVID-19 and ask others not to attend if they feel unwell
- Please ensure your school maintains good sanitation practices, including regular hand washing
Apply for Fundraise with your local school - Cancer Research UK - Luton
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly