Oxfam Retail Charity Shop Volunteer
Passionate about helping to end poverty?
Turn your passion into action and volunteer with Oxfam Chequer Street, St Albans.
If you searching for a volunteer role that will increase your transferable skills, give you retail experience, or you are just looking for a meaningful way to fill your time, then this may be the role for you!
*Please note that this shop cannot currently take on anymore under 18 candidates*
This shop is mainly looking for new volunteers to work on the till, as sorters and in their menswear and online department.
Till staff in particular needed for the following times:
Mondays: 12 - 1 (9am to 1pm Shift)
Thursdays: 12 - 1 (1pm to 5pm Shift)
Saturdays: 12 - 5 (9am to 12pm Shift)
Sundays: 10 - 4 (9am to 1pm Shift)
Other roles available throughout the week.
This shop is open 10 - 5 Monday, 9 - 4 Tuesday, 9 - 5 Wednesday, 9 - 4 Thursday, 9 - 5 Friday, 9 - 5 Saturday and 10 - 4 Sunday. This shop has many departments including, Womenswear, Menswear, Accessories, SBO, Food, Children's, Toys, Books, Music & Homewares.
*Please note this shop is over 3 floors with step access only*
No previous experience required!
What the role involves...
- Operating the till and digital Gift Aid tablet,
- Assisting customers on the shop floor and processing card and cash transactions,
- Accepting donations and thanking our donors and customers,
- Sorting, pricing, and merchandising the stock for the shop floor,
- Working in the online department, sourcing, listing and dispatching items.
- A minimum flexible commitment of 4 hours or more by arrangement during the week or weekend.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to develop retail skills/confidence to enhance your CV and job prospects,
- Comprehensive induction, training, and support for your new role,
- Insight into the running of a retail charity outlet,
- The opportunity to join a friendly, diverse, and committed team,
- Meet interesting people and make new friends when you join thousands of Oxfam shop volunteers who 'won't live with poverty',
- References can also be provided to future employers.
- We can refund travel expenses in line with our policies.
Safeguarding notice: Oxfam do not accept applications from anyone on the sex offenders list. We may inquire about unspent convictions relevant to the role and you may be required to submit to PVG/DBS check (at no expense to you).
What is volunteering? Volunteering is when you give your time, unpaid, to help someone else, or to support a cause. In this case you will be giving your time to join in Oxfam’s fight to end poverty, by working in our shops to raise as much money as possible so that Oxfam can provide as much help as possible to people across the world.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, get in touch now!
Apply for Oxfam Retail Charity Shop Volunteer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly