Oxfam Volunteer Customer Engagement Specialist
Passionate about helping to end poverty?
Turn your passion into action and volunteer with Oxfam Grimsby.
We are looking for some customer engagement specialists. These volunteers will work on the shop floor, helping customers with their purchases and keeping the backroom volunteers updated on the stock levels on the shop floor.
No previous experience required!
(But please note we will need 2 referees to contact for references, 1 if you are under 18.)
We accept volunteers from the age of 14. (Please note that shops are not always able to take on volunteers who are under 18 due to the extra consideration that must be in place to do so. There are also some age restrictions on certain roles within the shop.)
What the role involves...
- Working on the shop floor engaging with customers.
- Checking on the stock levels of items in the various departments of the shop.
- Leasing with the backroom volunteers to help keep the shop stocked up.
- A minimum flexible commitment of 4 hours or more by arrangement during the week or weekend.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to develop retail skills/confidence to enhance your CV and job prospects,
- Comprehensive induction, training, and support for your new role,
- Insight into the running of a retail charity outlet,
- The opportunity to join a friendly, diverse, and committed team,
- Meet interesting people and make new friends when you join thousands of Oxfam shop volunteers who 'won't live with poverty',
- References can also be provided to future employers.
- We can refund travel expenses in line with our policies.
What is volunteering?
Volunteering is when you give your time, unpaid, to help someone else, or to support a cause. In this case you will be giving your time to join in Oxfam’s fight to end poverty, by working in our shops to raise as much money as possible so that Oxfam can provide as much help as possible to people across the world.
Safeguarding notice: Oxfam do not accept applications from anyone on the sex offenders list. We may inquire about unspent convictions relevant to the role and you may be required to submit to PVG/DBS check (at no expense to you).
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, get in touch now!
Apply for Oxfam Volunteer Customer Engagement Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly