Oxfam Online Warehouse Operative Volunteer
As a Warehouse Operative you will be picking items which have sold through the Online Shop, packing them up and sending them on their way to the customer. This is a busy role, where you will be ensuring that our customers receive their orders in a well-presented and timely manner. As we are an exclusively online location this position is absolutely vital to helping our operation run successfully. This role is ideal for the early bird with a recommended start time of 8am.
You will be:
- Picking orders
- Packaging orders: ensuring that the correct items are being sent to the correct customers
- Helping to look after our inventory of 5,000 pieces
Required skills and attributes:
- A good level of accuracy and thoroughness
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to fold and wrap clothing items neatly
This role can offer you:
- Our friendly & experienced team will provide you with full training in picking and packing.
- Flexible volunteering hours to suit you.
- You will gain skills & experience in a warehouse environment, perfect if you’re looking to expand your CV.
- You will be joining a fun, diverse and positive team who raise hundreds of thousands of pounds every year to end poverty.
- After 3 months of volunteering we will be able to provide you with a reference.
- You won’t be out of pocket; we will pay your travel and lunch expenses.
Who are we?
We are the Milton Point Online Hub, located at the following address:
c/o Oxfam Southern Logistics Centre,
We are open from 8am - 4pm Monday - Friday, with no set shift pattern.
We are a hub within a warehouse, up on a mezzanine level. (Unfortunately, we do not current have any disabled access)
Due to the warehouse setting, you must be at least 18 years of age to volunteer here and will be given a high visibility jacket to wear when at the warehouse.
How to find us, travelling etc...:
There is a car park on site which volunteers are welcome to use if they drive to volunteer.
There are multiple bus routes from the local train station and shopping centre. (The No. 6 gets you a 10-minute walk away. The No. 4 gets you an 8-minute walk away. Make sure to check schedule yourself in case of changes)
Safeguarding notice: Oxfam do not accept applications from anyone on the sex offenders list. We may inquire about unspent convictions relevant to the role and you may be required to submit to PVG/DBS check (at no expense to you).
What is volunteering? Volunteering is when you give your time, unpaid, to help someone else, or to support a cause. In this case you will be giving your time to join in Oxfam’s fight to end poverty, by working in our shops to raise as much money as possible so that Oxfam can provide as much help as possible to people across the world.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, get in touch now!
Apply for Oxfam Online Warehouse Operative Volunteer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly