Oxfam Retail Charity Shop Volunteer
Passionate about helping to end poverty?
Turn your passion into action and volunteer with Oxfam West Bridgford.
Here in West Bridgford we have 2 Oxfam Charity Shops.
Clothing shop: This shop features a wide array of items, including clothing, accessories, homewares, toys and more. If you have a keen eye for fashion, a knack for visual merchandising or have great customer service skills this could be the shop for you. This shop is mainly looking for Till staff on Tuesday 1-5 & Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 9-1.
Books & Music shop: Does thinking about the last book you read or the last album your listened to excite you. If so, this could be the shop for you. (This shop is currently looking for volunteers for many shifts but particularly needs over 18 volunteers for Sundays) Especially looking for Online shop volunteers! (This shop is open from 9-5 Monday to Saturday and 11-3 on Sundays)
Both shops offer shifts from Monday – Sunday.
If you are searching for a volunteer role that will increase your transferable skills, give you retail experience, or you are just looking for a meaningful way to fill your time, then this may be the role for you!
We are looking for volunteers to help in all areas of the shop including customer service/till work on the shop floor, merchandising stock, sorting and pricing donation and listing and dispatching items sold online.
No previous experience required!
(But please note we will need 2 referees to contact for references, 1 if you are under 18.)
We accept volunteers from the age of 14. (Please note that shops are not always able to take on volunteers who are under 18 due to the extra consideration that must be in place to do so. There are also some age restrictions on certain roles within the shop.)
What the role involves...
- Operating the till and digital Gift Aid tablet,
- Assisting customers on the shop floor and processing card and cash transactions,
- Accepting donations and thanking our donors and customers,
- Sorting, pricing, and merchandising the stock for the shop floor,
- Working in the online department, sourcing, listing and dispatching items. (Bookshop only)
- A minimum flexible commitment of 4 hours or more by arrangement during the week or weekend.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to develop retail skills/confidence to enhance your CV and job prospects,
- Comprehensive induction, training, and support for your new role,
- Insight into the running of a retail charity outlet,
- The opportunity to join a friendly, diverse, and committed team,
- Meet interesting people and make new friends when you join thousands of Oxfam shop volunteers who 'won't live with poverty',
- References can also be provided to future employers.
- We can refund travel expenses in line with our policies.
Safeguarding notice: Oxfam do not accept applications from anyone on the sex offenders list. We may inquire about unspent convictions relevant to the role and you may be required to submit to PVG/DBS check (at no expense to you).
What is volunteering?
Volunteering is when you give your time, unpaid, to help someone else, or to support a cause. In this case you will be giving your time to join in Oxfam’s fight to end poverty, by working in our shops to raise as much money as possible so that Oxfam can provide as much help as possible to people across the world.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, get in touch now!
Apply for Oxfam Retail Charity Shop Volunteer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly