Cat Adoption Team Leader - Mid Kent Branch
A bit about this role
Without the passionate and committed teams of volunteers across Cats Protection we wouldn’t be able to help the thousands of cats and kittens each year that rely on us for help. Life in a rescue environment is never ideal for any cat compared to a loving home. Our Cat Adoption Team Leaders support cat homing and as part of this they may lead a team of volunteer home visitors who collectively play an important part in matching our feline friends with their new families. Our Cat Adoption Team Leaders support their team of volunteers in all aspects of their roles, making sure our volunteers are happy, confident and supported.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Acting as the main point of contact within the branch for cat adoption enquiries via email / telephone and social media
- Supporting the adoption process through either homefinder questionnaires or a small team of home visitors
- Liaising closely with other branch volunteers to ensure information on cats being helped is correct and up to date
- Following up on any post-adoption queries
- Play an active part in the branch committee, being part of the branch team leading on cat adoption information and updates
- Collaborating with the Cat Welfare Team Leader to ensure the highest standards of cat care are applied in line with Cats Protection policy and procedures
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by leading and supporting a wider team of volunteers in cat adoption roles. You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and you will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Good knowledge of cats and cat welfare
- An appreciation of suitable homing environments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good record keeping and administration skills
- Basic IT skills to use Cats Protection systems - training and support can be provided
- Patience and the ability to handle sensitive situations with objectivity and pragmatism
- Willingness to be part of a team
- A positive, open approach with the ability to bring out the best in others
The Cat Adoption Team Leader role is vital within our busy volunteer branches and centres. Our current volunteers spend around 10 to 12 hours per week in this flexible role, which can be shared by more than one volunteer if required.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face-to-face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.