Cat Match Volunteer - Dewsbury, Wakefield & District
A bit about this role
At Cats Protection we find thousands of perfect matches between people and cats every year. Our cat match volunteers provide the support, information and guidance needed to match the right person to the right feline friend.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Being part of a team that identifies suitable homes for cats in care
- Providing potential adopters with basic cat care information
- Completing homing questionnaires with potential adopters ‘virtually’, as well as face to face, which may involve visiting the homes of potential adopters
- Carrying out follow up communications if required
- Using online map searches to match cats and kittens to new homes
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by making sure they find loving and caring homes. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We are looking for someone with
- Basic knowledge of cats and cat care
- An understanding of suitable homing environments for cats
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good level of record keeping and administration skills
- Good IT skills
- Access to a PC/mobile device
- Patience and the ability to deal with sensitive situations
- A valid driving licence and access to a vehicle (would be an advantage)
Our cat match volunteers usually spend 2 to 3 hours a week in this role which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide excellent support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face-to-face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers get the most out of their time with Cats Protection.