Branch Secretary Volunteer
At Cats Protection we help thousands of cats and kittens each year thanks to our dedicated volunteer groups. These groups of passionate individuals all help our feline friends in different ways. They take in stray and abandoned cats and ensure they receive the veterinary care and attention they deserve, help raise funds, promote neutering and help spread cat welfare messages. Our volunteer secretaries provide the support that helps our volunteer groups run smoothly. They make a real difference to the lives of our feline friends by helping maintain positive communications, supporting others, promoting the work of Cats Protection and signposting queries from members of the public.
As a volunteer Branch Secretary, you can expect to be:-
- Taking and distributing meeting minutes
- Identifying and circulating information
- Supporting the volunteer group in planning activities
- Managing communication between volunteers and staff
- Signposting enquiries to relevant team members
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by helping facilitate the needs of your volunteer group. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Strong administration skills
- Good communication and organisational skills
- The ability to use own initiative
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Basic IT skills to use Cats Protection systems - training and support can be provided
Our volunteer branch secretaries usually spend 2 to 4 hours a week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face-to-face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.