Clinical Trials Diversity Group Member
6 days left
- Long Term
Help us understand the lack of diversity among people taking part in clinical trials and how we can change this. Join up to 4 focus group sessions to share your views and help make sure our clinical research work and activities reflect the needs and opinions of the UK’s whole population.
We want to understand the barriers faced by different patient groups who currently aren’t well represented in clinical research. We want people (patients, carers and the general public) who identify as coming from one of the following groups to take part in these focus groups between November 2021 and November 2022:
- People from a minority ethnic background
- People from the LGBTQIA+ communities
- People living with disabilities
- People living with any long-term illnesses or diseases
- People from any other group who may be under-represented in clinical research
- We will also be looking to ensure the group represents a broad range of ages from 16 and over.
What will the role involve?
- Attending and take an active part in up to 4 online focus groups (it would be great if you can attend them all).
- Representing your broader community as well as your own perspectives.
- Reviewing any documents before meetings and be prepared to contribute.
- Suggesting items for discussion and potential next steps.
- You will also need to have a good internet connection so that you can take part in online meetings on Microsoft Teams.
What is required for this role?
- An interest in, a basic understanding/experience of, or a willingness to learn about, research and clinical trials.
- A willingness to share your experience and opinions and listen to the opinions of others.
- Active participation in conversations with a range of people.
- Access to a computer/tablet/mobile (with mic/webcam) and a good internet connection.
You do not need to have:
- Any knowledge of CRUK or the work we do
- A personal experience of cancer or participated in a clinical trial
- Experience working in science or research
- Previous experience volunteering.
In accordance with our involvement payment policies, Panel and Committee members can claim payment (honorarium) in recognition of the time spent attending virtual and in-person meetings and for completing the meeting pre-work. The following payments will be offered (claiming is optional and may affect benefits/tax):
- Up to 2 hours = £30
- Up to 4 hours/half day = £50
- Up to full day = £80
We will also offer a £5 virtual meeting allowance (£5 per meeting).
At Cancer Research UK, we're committed to creating an inclusive space to involve all people affected by cancer, irrespective of their race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender, age, religion or belief.
We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a range of views and insight will help us represent all people affected by cancer.
Apply for Clinical Trials Diversity Group Member
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly