Audit Committee member
5 days left
- Long Term
A bit about this role
While hands on roles with cats are central to everything we do at Cats Protection, we also need volunteers to help us be more efficient, effective and to ensure we comply with charity law and governance. Our Audit Committee volunteers contribute to a well-run organisation and their time and expertise helps our committee work in the best, most effective way possible. If you have strategic vision and appreciation that helping cats is much more than meets the eye then this is the role for you.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Helping the Audit Committee effectively carry out its duties and responsibilities
- Attending committee meetings, reading papers, preparing for meetings
- Undertaking any actions required in the agreed timescales
- Supporting the Chairman of the Audit Committee
- Keeping informed about the activities of the charity and wider issues affecting the charity and the Audit Committee in particular
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by being a key part of the Cats Protection Audit Committee. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of staff and volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- A commitment to Cats Protection and empathy with our vision, mission and values
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- Strategic vision
- Sound independent judgement
- Willingness to be part of a team
- The ability to express views clearly
- An understanding of the role, duties and responsibilities of the Audit Committee
Our Audit Committee meets three times a year in London, and our volunteers usually spend a total of three years in this role.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face-to-face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.
Apply for Audit Committee member
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly