Newsletter Editor - Carmarthenshire branch
A bit about this role
Our newsletter editor volunteers tap into the nation’s love for cats, which helps raise our profile across the UK. They source and share photos, images and stories relevant to the varied and exciting things we do at Cats Protection. A higher profile can help us raise funds, promote adopting a cat, help promote neutering and encourage as many people as possible to learn about great cat welfare.
What can you expect to be doing?
● Sourcing articles and pictures and acquiring permission for use if required
● Ensuring that deadlines are met
● Organising the printing and distribution of newsletters
● Editing newsletters alongside others
● Ensuring that content meets with internal and external policies and guidelines
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by helping publicise the work of Cats Protection. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
● Good organisational skills
● Good written communication skills
● Willingness to be part of a team
● Good IT skills
● Editorial experience would also be an advantage
Our newsletter editors usually spend two to three hours per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face-to-face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.