Cat Fosterer Volunteer
A bit about this role
Across the UK, many cats are cared for by volunteer fosterers who provide a stable, safe and loving environment in their homes or in purpose-built pens in their gardens. They provide vital hands-on care and accommodation to stray or abandoned cats or cats whose owners could sadly no longer keep them, and are part of a dedicated team of volunteers committed to finding new homes for cats in need. Our fosterers carry out this role with support from their local branch or centre.
Most of our fosterers care for one or two cats at a time and enjoy providing lots of TLC to those cats, who have been pre-loved or have had a difficult start in life. Some of our fosterers look after new mums and kittens and provide round-the-clock care to newborns to give them the best start in life.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Meeting the needs of the cats and kittens in your care
- Cleaning and looking after the cats’ environment and equipment
- Feeding, grooming and administering medication
- Spending time enriching the cats’ experience in care including; play, exercise and stroking
- Maintaining high standards of animal welfare