Publicity volunteer - Carmarthenshire branch
A bit about this role
Our publicity volunteers use their passion and expertise to generate publicity for local volunteer groups and teams. They directly help our feline friends by raising awareness of the fantastic ways Cats Protection helps cats in need. By raising our profile they help us raise the funds we need to continue our work, raise awareness of adopting a cat, help promote neutering and make sure as many people as possible learn more about feline welfare.
What can you expect to be doing?
● Raising awareness of Cats Protection
● Generating publicity for local volunteer groups and teams
● Creating and distributing regional press releases
● Distributing posters and flyers if needed
● Communicating with the PR department at our National Cat Centre
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by increasing awareness of Cats Protection in your local community. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
● Good interpersonal skills
● The ability to communicate with a range of people
● The ability to prioritise and delegate
● Willingness to be part of a team
● Editorial skills and experience in PR and marketing (would be an advantage)
Our publicity volunteers usually spend 1 to 2 hours per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.