Cancer Research UK are looking to increase fundraising from a selection of streaming fundraising ideas that have been designed to be authentic and audience-led. We are committed to providing our audiences with relevant streaming fundraising ideas that meet both their needs and existing behaviours.
We want to build our understanding around the following three key areas: Driving growth, build authenticity and be community-led.
Below is a description of possible areas we’d like to involve you in. You can also stop volunteering with us at any point (either let your volunteer manager know or contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
What you’ll be doing
Helping Cancer Research UK define what our portfolio of streaming products looks like by sharing first-hand experience and knowledge.
- Join in 1-to-1 and group conversations with Cancer Research UK and other streamers to help us understand the needs, barriers and motivations of the audience (1h30m)
- Share with Cancer Research UK your experience of charity streaming: what works well, what needs improvement
- Join workshops to generate initial streaming product ideas with other volunteers and Cancer Research UK, to help shape future opportunities
We’re looking for volunteers who meet the criteria below:
- Regularly stream themselves on a recognised streaming platform (e.g. Twitch, YouTube, Facebook Gaming)
- Have previously streamed for charity, or are actively interested in doing so (does not have to be for Cancer Research UK)
- You must be 18 or over to take part in this opportunity
At CRUK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that volunteers from a diverse background will help us to beat cancer sooner.
From September/October 2021 (approx. four months)
What support will you receive:
You will be supported primarily by your Volunteer Manager (Conran McMullan, Product Development) and the wider Product Development Team. Further contacts for support and any questions you may have at CRUK are listed in the Volunteer Welcome Booklet (sent through to you separately as an email attachment when you join).