Cheer Squad Volunteer - Royal Parks Half Marathon 2021!
Alzheimer’s Research UK is looking for volunteers to cheer on our extraordinary runners at The Royal Parks Half Marathon on Sunday 10 October 2021.
The Royal Parks Half Marathon offers a scenic course route, taking runners through four of London’s stunning royal parks; Hyde Park, Green Park, St James’ Park & Kensington Gardens. We need you, your family and friends to whoop and cheer as loud as you can at our designated cheer point to give our #TeamARUK runners a vital boost as they go past, encouraging them to keep going and helping them achieve their goal.
We’ll provide you with all the materials you require including banners, balloons, whistles and cheering sticks to make you stand out in the crowd!
Why get involved? In return, as one of Alzheimer’s Research UK’s Cheer squad volunteers you’ll benefit from:
- Gaining a new volunteering experience and meeting an enthusiastic team of people.
- Soaking up the unbeatable atmosphere of an iconic event set in spectacular surroundings.
- Getting an insight into the charity sector and how sporting events are managed.
- Support from a dedicated member of staff who will provide advanced briefing and a cheer team leader who will be on hand to support you throughout your volunteering on the day.
- All cheer squad materials will be provided including a free Alzheimer’s Research UK orange T-Shirt.
- Reimbursement of reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
About Alzheimer’s Research UK
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in cutting-edge research.
We believe that medical research can and will deliver life-changing preventions, treatments and one day, a cure for dementia. Alzheimer’s Research UK exists to make this happen and with your support, we’ll make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
What are we looking for?
- A passion for supporting and motivating our runners!
- Commitment to be bold, loud and extremely orange!
- 9:00am – 3:00pm approx. Time commitments will vary depending on where you are on the course you are stationed (we appreciate whatever time you can spare, whether you can join us for the whole slot or just an hour or two!)
- We’ll provide you with an event brief with the exact cheer point location details and corresponding timings.
- Plan your journey to the cheer station in advance.
- You’ll be outdoors and standing for the duration of your volunteering so wear comfortable, weather appropriate clothing and footwear.
Please follow the link below to fill in a simple online registration form and a member of our team will be in touch:
Alternatively, if you have any enquiries about the role please contact the volunteering team on 0300 111 5 333 or email email@example.com