Treasurer - Lucy Air Ambulance for Children (Board of Trustees)
We are recruiting a new Treasurer to join the Lucy Air Ambulance for Children Board of Trustees! Join our passionate and ambitious organisation that works hard to deliver a life-changing service for children ✈️
The Treasurer is an incredibly important role within our organisation, responsible for providing advice and assistance to the Trustee Board, the Chairperson and the Chief Executive Officer in all matters relating to the financial administration of the organisation.
This is a volunteer role. They must have a sound knowledge of organisational and executive procedures together with a good working knowledge of financial legislation relating to the running of a registered charity and / or charitable company.
- To ensure the CEO maintains proper records of the organisation’s financial transactions and are kept in accordance with relevant legislation and to provide general supervision of all book keeping and accountancy functions.
- To ensure the organisation’s accounting system is up to date on a monthly basis, including posting of manual journals and reconciliations of bank and other balance sheet items.
- To work with the CEO to prepare the final end of year accounts of the organisation for audit or inspection and to submit the audited accounts for approval at the Annual General Meeting.
- To ensure the organisation is run on a sound financial footing and to advise on all financial matters affecting the organisation.
- To obtain advice on financial matters outside their expertise.
- To provide monthly income and expenditure figures against agreed budgets and cash flow forecasts for Trustee Board meetings.
- To be a signatory to all the organisation’s bank accounts in accordance with the governing document and to authorise expenditure payments set up by the CEO from the Charity’s CAF bank account.
- To ensure the organisation is adequately insured for property, employer’s liability, public liability and other such risks as directed by the Trustee Board.
- To ensure the payment of salaries, PAYE, National Insurance contributions, Statutory Sick Pay and expenses and to take action relating to the preparation and submission of returns to the appropriate bodies.
- To ensure strict compliance with the organisation’s financial policy as specified in the governing document.
- To advise on Charity Law and, where appropriate, Company Law relating to financial matters.
- To advise the Chairperson and CEO on effective budgeting and to oversee the production of budgets for presentation to the Trustee Board prior to the commencement of the new financial year.
- To represent the organisation as directed by the Chairperson or Trustee Board and to report back as appropriate.
- To chair the advisory groups, sub-committees or working groups to address specific issues / tasks as requested by the Chairperson and deemed appropriate by the Trustee Board.
- To attend the organisation’s events and activities as directed by the Trustee Board.
- To participate in relevant training as appropriate.
- To revise this Role Description as necessary in consultation with the Trustee Board.
- Make fellow board members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.