Trustee with finance experience
Do you have a good understanding of charity finance? Are you able to communicate financial information to a non-specialist audience? Would you like to support a growing international charity to be even more successful?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
Beginning as a volunteer-led group, CHASE Africa has grown into a successful charity making a big impact in East Africa. Since 2012, we have delivered over a million healthcare and family planning services, and helped communities to manage their natural environment sustainably. We work in some of the most rural and remote areas of East Africa to support women, girls and communities.
We have ambitious plans for the next 5-years. Could you play a part in making them a reality?
We are looking to appoint a new Trustee with financial expertise to join our board. The trustee will work closely with the Board of Trustees and staff to:
- Maintain an overview of budgeting and strategic financial planning.
- Ensure that the organisation’s finances are responsibly managed.
- Oversee the charity’s financial risk-management processes and report on financial health to the board of trustees.
- Ensure that statutory financial reporting procedures are adhered to.
- Review and monitor reserves policy.
- Stay up to date with Charity Commission guidelines and requirements.
This is a voluntary role.
The Trustees meet quarterly for a half-day meeting in Somerset or online. In addition to the Trustees’ meetings it is anticipated that the Finance Trustee will contribute another eight days per year for meeting preparation, guidance and advice. Trustees’ indemnity insurance is in place.
If you have any interest in following this up, please download the role description via our website: https://www.chaseafrica.org.uk/lend-your-finance-skills-to-chase-africa/