Location: Mainly homebased
Remuneration: This volunteer position is not remunerated but reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed in line with Charity Commission guidelines.
Estimate of time needed: We anticipate more help initially and approximately 10 hours per month going forward, either in or out of office hours.
We are looking for a Company Secretary to support the Trustee Board by being responsible for the administration of governance documentation. If you have previous experience, or you are a very organised individual with a keen eye for detail, please get in touch as we would love to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
You will support H2H by ensuring that the Charity’s governance documentation is maintained, updated and shared as required by working closely with the Trustee Board. The role involves:
- Leading on the administration support including minute taking, diary management, filing, action planning and checking, letter drafting, and other ad hoc tasks identified by and for the board
- Preparing agendas in consultation with the Chair
- Minuting meetings and circulating them, ensuring that the Chair has signed the minutes upon approval
- Ensuring the appropriate documentation is produced and circulated in advance and following meetings in a timely manner
- Checking that board members, staff and volunteers have carried out action(s) agreed
- Circulating agendas and minutes of the annual general meeting (AGM) and any special or extraordinary general meetings whilst ensuring that comply with H2H’s governing document and its procedures
- Ensuring that publications such as annual reports and accounts, and their dissemination, comply with the H2H’s governing document and statutory requirements
- Ensuring H2H complies with the requirements of the Charity Commission in terms of registration, reporting, changes to governing documents, etc.
- Preparing accurate and validated reports for monitoring and reporting purposes
- Keeping up to date with legislation and policy related to governance and making any necessary modifications to accommodate changes that might affect decision making or the H2H’s operations
- Ensuring that those entitled to do so can inspect H2H’s records
- Being the first point of contact for all governance queries and dealing with them in a helpful manner to resolve or, if necessary, efficiently redirect
- Supporting the functionality of governance documentation by ensuring it is shared and circulated as required
- Being responsible for the development and maintenance of the electronic filing and storage systems for governance documentation
- Undertaking any other appropriate functions under the direction of the board
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage a variety of tasks
- Thoroughness and attention to detail with ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Computer skills – PowerPoint/Word/Excel
- Proven administration experience with proficiency in minute taking
- Impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidentiality
- Energy and capability to proactively and positively work in a team
- Knowledge of company and charity law is preferable
- Interest in H2H’s aims and objectives and a passion for play
Apply for Company Secretary
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly