CEO/ Trustee/ Deputy CEO (Leading SEND Charity) x2
We are looking for two individuals to join our charity and lead it through its next chapter. This will include growing our activities, securing our new premises and increasing our reach to impact the lives of families with children and young adults of disability. We are open to considering a:
- CEO + Trustee,
- CEO + Deputy CEO, or
- Two Co-CEOs
Candidates who have held leadership positions in the public or private sectors, but do not necessarily feel that they have all the required skills are also strongly encouraged to apply. These are voluntary roles, and you will have a background in either:
- Charity fundraising,
- Property acquisition, or
- Special needs education.
The role will be suitable for someone who:
- Is open to working with the Charity Founder and the Trustee Board.
- Can dedicate a fixed number of hours per week to support the Charity.
- Will relish the opportunity to impact the lives of children and young adults with disability.
To act as an ambassador for the charity whilst also building relationships with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) stakeholders in local government, funding bodies, schools, the media, and business. You will also play a key role in taking the charity forward, motivating volunteers, supporting staff, engaging beneficiaries and identifying prospective donors.
As CEO, you will be responsible for, or as a Deputy CEO/ Trustee, greatly influence:
- Preparing the strategic plan and annual budget for approval by the board of trustees,
- Operating within the annual budget and ensuring management and HR policies are up-to-date,
- Identifying new premises from which the charity’s production capabilities and community outreach activity can materially grow,
- Recruiting and managing the senior management team,
- Building relationships with key stakeholders, funding bodies, schools, and influencers in order to advance the charity’s aims,
- Establishing and monitoring key indicators of the charity’s impact and financial health,
- Representing the charity at external events, across the media and in publicity opportunities,
- Maintaining an awareness of risks and changes in the external environment that affect the charity,
- Building an effective working relationship with the Founder, Chair, and trustee board,
- Supplying regular reports to the trustee board and attending trustee and sub-committee meetings,
- Ensuring staff and volunteers are focused on achieving the charity’s mission and aims,
- Making sure the charity fulfils its legal, statutory, and regulatory responsibilities,
- Establishing mechanisms for listening to the views of beneficiaries of the charity’s performance
- Delivering the charity’s business plan and production schedule,
- Helping the charity to win funding from public bodies and private enterprise,
- Building a sustainable income from individual, corporate, legacy and trust donations, and,
- Implementing robust succession and business continuity plans.
You will need to demonstrate some or all of the following skills:
- Charity and SEND leadership
- Organisational management
- Motivation of others
- Personal drive, creativity and energy
- Advocacy and communication
- Relationships building – with a variety of people, from beneficiaries and staff members to senior corporate executives and opinion formers
- Financial acumen
- Project management
Experience in senior management or organisational leadership is essential. A unique feature of the job is the need to work closely with the non-executive trustee board, so any experience of working with committees or boards is advantageous. Experience of working in the charity, education, event production, digital, and/ or fundraising sector is helpful but not essential.
We are a registered charity dedicated to the Special Needs’ Community. We are passionate about making theatre accessible to all and understand that families who have a child with a disability face many barriers. We raise awareness, share knowledge, and develop new ways to make this happen
Apply for CEO/ Trustee/ Deputy CEO (Leading SEND Charity) x2
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly