Cat Admission Volunteer - Wootton Bassett & District branch
A bit about this role
Our cat admissions volunteers ensure the smooth running of our admissions process, helping our volunteer groups and teams admit cats into our care in the most effective and stress-free way possible for both people and cats. This role is undertaken from your own home. This could be the perfect volunteer role if you have administration experience, a passion for cats, or both!
Without the passionate and committed teams of volunteers across Cats Protection, we wouldn’t be able to help the thousands of cats and kittens each year that rely on us for help.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Responding to email and telephone enquiries regarding cats coming into care
- Managing the cat waiting list and prioritising accordingly
- Liaising with other volunteers, staff, local vets and members of the public
- Using our administrative systems to record cats coming into care
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by helping manage the process of cats coming into the care of Cats Protection. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- Good IT skills
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Previous experience in office administration (would be an advantage)
Our cat admissions volunteers usually spend 2 to 4 hours a week in this role which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.