Social Media Volunteer - Halifax & Huddersfield Branch
A bit about this role
Our social media volunteers use their passion and knowledge of social media to promote the activities of local volunteer groups and teams though various channels. Our social media volunteers directly help cats by raising awareness of Cats Protection. A higher profile can help us raise the funds we need for our work, ensure people know they can adopt a cat from us, promote neutering and enable us to share our messages about great cat welfare with as many people as possible.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Promoting the work of Cats Protection through various social media channels, for example Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Gathering information from across the organisation and locally within your team or volunteer group
- Creating content to share via social media and ensuring that content meets with internal and external policies and guidelines
- Scheduling and posting content
- Monitoring activity and responding to comments on social media channels
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by raising the profile of Cats Protection through social media. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- A passion for social media and experience of using social media channels regularly
- Knowledge of the advantages and disadvantages of using social media
- Good IT skills
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to be part of a team
Our social media volunteers can expect to spend between two to five hours per week in this role. This role is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face-to-face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.