Leeds 10k and Leeds Half Marathon 5th September 2021
Volunteer Role Profile:
Leeds 10k and Leeds Half Marathon
Team: Fundraising Team
Date: 5th September 2021
Location: Leeds city centre
Candlelighters provides practical, emotional and financial support to every family affected by childhood cancer in Yorkshire. We support around 150 new families each year and our work ensures the whole family unit is supported in these extraordinary circumstances.
We support children and their families from diagnosis and throughout their journey, including financial support, practical help in hospital, much needed breaks, and emotional and well-being support for the whole family at The Square (our Family Support Centre) and Family Support Bus.
Purpose of the Role
Every year, hundreds of people organise or take part in amazing fundraising events to help raise money and awareness for Candlelighters. However, these wouldn’t be possible without the support of our wonderful Event Volunteers.
Event Volunteers play a vital role in helping to create a successful day for everyone involved. Volunteering at an event is a fun and rewarding day out, it’s a great way to meet other people and be part of a fantastic team. Event Volunteering is fun and flexible and just a few hours can make a huge difference; we’re aiming to raise £100,000 through challenge events this year, so we need your help to make this event a success.
Activities may include:
- Race Volunteering: Helping the race organisers to ensure the event runs smoothly including. This may include Marshalling (helping to guide participants and supporters along the course), giving out water, giving out medals/certificates etc…
- Cheering: Wearing our T-shirts and making lots of noise to help encourage and motivate our amazing runners and inspire other runners who might choose to run for us in future.
- Charity Village Volunteering: Helping to set up our stall, meet and greet runners and supporters, giving out snacks and refreshments, selling merchandise, collecting donations and handing our leaflets.
- Photography: Taking photo of participants and volunteers to use on our website / social media /publicity materials
- Massage/Sports Therapy: Provide sports massage/treatment for our runners (qualified and insured).
We are looking for fun and friendly volunteers who:
- Have lots of energy and enthusiasm
- Have great communication and people skills
- Can work well as part of a team and on their own.
- Are prepared to volunteer outside and be on their feet for long periods of time
- Are flexible and willing to volunteer in different roles, as required
- Are 18+ years old (cheerers can be under 18, but will need to be accompanied by an adult).
Please do also let us know if you have any specific skills or experience you think might be useful, for example, photography, sports massage, stewarding, etc.
Support and Benefits
You will receive:
- A Candlelighters T-shirt.
- Briefing and support from Candlelighters’ Fundraising Team or Event Organisers
- A fun and rewarding day out
- The opportunity to meet new people, including other Candlelighters volunteers and supporters
- The opportunity to gain new skills and develop existing skills
- The opportunity to be part of a fantastic team, all helping to make a difference to children and families affected by childhood cancer in Yorkshire.
Please complete the short registration form at https://www.candlelighters.org.uk/event-volunteer-registration-form/.
Once we have received your registration form, a member of the Team will be in touch.
If you have any queries, please call the Volunteering Team on 0113 887 8333 or email
Apply for Leeds 10k and Leeds Half Marathon 5th September 2021
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly