Trusts and Foundations Volunteer
Candlelighters Volunteer Role Profile
Trusts and Foundations Volunteer
Team:The Fundraising Team
Location:Homebased / Occasional travel to Woodhouse Square, Leeds, LS3 1AD
Time commitment:1 day a week
Candlelighters provides financial, emotional and practical support to families affected by childhood cancer in Yorkshire. We support around 150 new families each year and our work ensures the whole family unit is supported in these extraordinary circumstances.
We support children and their families from diagnosis and throughout their journey, including providing financial support, practical help in hospital, much needed breaks, as well as emotional and well-being support at our Family Support Centre (The Square) and Family Support Bus.
Purpose of the Role and Key Activities
This year Candlelighters needs to raise £1.17 million to ensure we can keep providing these vital services to families. The pandemic has had a huge impact on the fundraising sector and we anticipate it will take many years for our income to recover so it is critical, now more than ever, that we can make the most of every opportunity.
In the UK there are more than 10,000 trusts and foundations, distributing more than £2 billion in grants every year to support individuals and other charitable organizations to achieve their goals.
Trusts and Foundations is a key source of income for Candlelighters and we are seeking a volunteer to support this. Main duties and responsibilities can vary but might include:
· Identifying funding opportunities that we may be able to apply for through prospect researching a range of Trusts and Foundations, assessing their suitability for Candlelighters. This will include mainly desk based research and potentially phone/email conversations with funders.
· Tailoring letters/applications for each trust
· Supporting submission of application for funding to relevant trusts
· Thanking Trusts and Foundations for their support and providing ‘keeping in touch’ communications and updates
· Updating our databases with information on our activities
We are looking for volunteers who
· An interest in Charity Fundraising and in the work of Candlelighters
· Strong research skills, including using internet sources
· Good communication skills, both verbal and written
· Skilled at using Office applications e.g Excel
· Knowledge of fundraising and prospect research preferable but not essential
· Ability to work as part of a small team, and on your own
Support and Benefits
You will receive:
· Gain experience in charity fundraising
· An opportunity to learn and develop valuable transferable skills
· Experience of developing bids and applications
· Support and guidance from the fundraising team
· Be part of a fun, friendly team
· A rewarding experience - every volunteer helps to support children families affected by childhood cancer in Yorkshire
How to Apply
If you would like to apply, please submit your CV and complete the online Application Form.
There will be an informal interview and we carry out reference and DBS checks for all individuals who will be volunteering for us on a regular basis.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact our Volunteering Team.
Volunteers must be over 18.
Reference ID: Trusts & Foundations Volunteer
Part-time hours: 7.5 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Volunteer
Apply for Trusts and Foundations Volunteer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly