· Oversee the financial affairs of the Centre and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
· Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
· Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
· Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
· Liaise with relevant staff, board members and/or volunteers to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
· Make fellow board members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
· Regularly report the financial position at committee meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance etc).
· Oversee the production of an annual budget.
· Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place, ie:
o Cheque signatories/online payments
o Purchasing limits
o Purchasing systems
o Petty cash/ float
o Salary payments
o PAYE and NI payments
o Others as appropriate
· Appraising the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies.
· Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner.
Qualities / Role
· Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to the role.
· Communication skills
· Commitment to attending Trustee Board meetings (monthly) and support to the operational team